See the Questions in the attached file,Answer with details,use Excel and draw Chart.Instructions:
1. Make sure to include any analysis, tables, spreadsheets as part of your report.
2. Make sure to provide any reference when you cite work performed and/or published
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) is the transportation
infrastructure serving the DMV area providing rapid transit, fixed-route bus, and paratransit
services. WMATA has hired you to identify opportunities to optimize the transportation assets
operation and maintenance activities and assigned you two (2) specific task orders.
Task Order #1: Inventory policy optimization for bus and paratransit services maintenance
Vehicle’s Fleets Information
WMATA has the following preventive maintenance (PM) schedule:
Fixed-route buses fleet
Cost per service
Paratransit buses fleet
Cost per service
Support Facilities Information
1. Maintenance Facilities
• WMATA’s maintenance facilities has capacity to serve 50 units per day.
2. Supply Chain Process and Warehouse Facilities Information
• WMATA’s has allocated space in the warehouse to store 1-month worth of inventory.
• WMATA buys the oil in bulk at $3 per gallon discounted to $2.75 per gallon if the order
quantity is more than 3000 gallons.
• WMATA has a storage cost of $0.025 per gallon per day.
• The transactional cost (i.e., placing the order) is $75 per order and 3-day lead time.
WMATA wants to explore shorter lead time.
• Determine the optimal inventory policy
• Submit recommendations to WMATA
o Document and present underlying assumptions (if any) used to conduct your
analysis and to present your recommendation
Task Order #2: Overhaul and Inspection Processes Cost Reduction
WMATA has three (3) main rail yards in three jurisdictions, DC, MD and VA, where specialized
overhaul is performed to the train cars. After the overhaul, the train cars need to go to one of the
two (2) inspection centers in MD or VA where train cars must go for detailed inspection before
they are in service again. The quarterly capacities for the rail yards are 120, 150, and 120, and the
demands at the two inspection centers are 230 and 140 train cars.
Table 1. Mileage Chart
Table 2. Transportation Cost per
Represent the process in a diagrammatic for using the transportation model with nodes and
Represent the process using linear programming (LP), including the objective function and
Present the optimal solution to WMATA.
Document and present underlying assumptions (if any) used to conduct your analysis and to
present your recommendations.
Purchase answer to see full