Write your paper in current APA format. The paper must include:Title pageYour responses to the questions above in 3–5 pagesReference page for resources with at least 3 from professional resources that have been published within the past 5 years.SOWK 260
SELF-HELP REFLECTION PAPER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Decide what kind of self-help group you plan on attending. Keep in mind if you are not in
recovery you need to attend an “open” meeting. If you are currently in recovery and already
attend a 12 step program, it is suggested that you attend a family support group like an AlAnon meeting instead of a regular meeting you attend.
2. Review the questions you are responsible for writing your paper about:
What type of meeting was attended (speaker, step, big book, or discussion)?
How many people attended the group?
What did you identify as the purpose of the group?
How involved/motivated were the group members? How did you feel as a first-time
“participant” in the group?
What did you like or dislike about the functioning of the group?
How did the group members interact with one another?
What were some of the significant comments and feelings expressed or implied?
What would you say are some possible areas for further discussion and exploration in
the group based on what you observed?
What were some personal characteristics that you expected to experience and what
characteristics were you surprised to experience?
Include a brief summary and analytical statement about the overall group interaction.
If you attend the meeting with another person, you can compare/contrast your
3. Prepare to arrive at the meeting at least 10 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to start.
Also, plan to not leave immediately after the meeting. In some places, the members have to
return the room to the way it was before the meeting.
4. After you leave the meeting, plan on spending time writing notes about your experience so
that you do not lose the moment. You can add more as you process the experience.
5. Review the Self-Help Reflection Paper Grading Rubric before writing your paper.
6. Write your paper in current APA format. The paper must include:
a. Title page
b. Your responses to the questions above in 3–5 pages
c. Reference page for resources with at least 3 from professional resources that have
been published within the past 5 years.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 3.
Purchase answer to see full